As part of their 2018 program, leadership of the Accra East District Youth held their penultimate meeting for the year with the various youth leaders of the ten (10) congregations within the district. Also on the day, the Accra East District choir continued their preparations for the District Apostle visit in November. Both events came off on the 14th October 2018 at the premises of the Osu congregation.
The congregational youth leaders’ meeting was facilitated by the District Youth leadership as part of their activities for the year 2018. The immediate concerns discussed were as follows:
* The organization and funding for the ‘2 Sides of Strawberry’ youth program in December
* Attendance of the alumni service being hosted in Cape Coast on the 24th of November
* Announcement and reservation of tickets for the End-of-Year dinner in December
* Submission of 2019 congregational youth programs by the end of November
Also discussed included:
* Updates on estimated costs and planning for the 2019 National Youth Camp in Kumasi
* The invitation of members to the wedding of the East Legon youth leader in November
At the same time, Shepherd Okyere (Teshie 2), choir master and leader of the Accra East choir, continued preparations with members as scheduled. The special united choir rehearsals has been planned towards the visit of District Apostle Ehrich on the 17th and 18th November 2018 at the East Legon and Central congregations respectively.