Lead Apostle Benjamin Ohene-Saffo’s first visit to the Volta North Apostle Area in this new year came off from 22nd to 23rd January 2022. During this visit he held a District Leaders’ meeting in Hohoe on Saturday January 22 and a divine services at Kpando-Torkor in the Kpando District on Sunday, January 23.
On Saturday January 22, 2022, the Lead Apostle held a meeting with the District Leaders of the Volta North Apostle Area at the Hohoe Central chapel.
The Lead Apostle opened the meeting with a prayer and a word of exhortation from 1 John 1:3;
“that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ”
Highlighting the 2022 motto of the church, “Together in Christ”, the Lead Apostle stated that, for the Ministers and children of God to remain in fellowship with God and Christ, He must be at the center of what we do. The Lead Apostle entreated the District Leaders to remain focused on Christ and the Apostolate in faith and follow their teachings- what they saw and heard from Jesus Christ.
The Lead Apostle enumerated what the Apostles see and heard from the Lord as:
1. Jesus Christ is the center of holy scripture;
2. Jesus Christ did not come to punish the sinner but to save him;
3. The kingdom of Jesus is not from this earth;
4. The Son of God came to this earth and became true God and true man;
5. To have fellowship with Jesus Christ in His kingdom, then one must be born of water and the Holy Spirit.
On the administrative and organizational front, deliberations dwelt on the development of the church in the Apostle area, key among which include:
· Review of 2020/21 performance with respect to attendance and offering;
· Members’ willingness to voluntarily support the church financially;
· The role of District Leaders in church building.
Concluding the meeting, the Lead Apostle entreated the ministers to actively discharge their duties religiously. “Our goal is to be with the Lord. To achieve this, we follow the teachings of the Apostolate. Then we shall be in fellowship with one another, Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father” he stated.
The Lead Apostle was accompanied by Apostle Timothy Akubia.