The National Youth Conference (NYC) 2022 has begun as expected, and the youth are super-excited! Buses and coaches from all over Ghana are converging at the Kwame Nkrumah University Science & Technology.
As early as 5AM, the Takoradi and Volta Central Apostle Areas had arrived on campus and ready to lodge in their accommodation, in wait for their brothers and sisters.
This decennial event promises to be an exciting and thrilling one. Eight thousand (8,000) youth are expected to participate in this year's event. Also in attendance will be delegations from Nigeria, Benin, Togo and a Japanese sister. And guess what, the District Apostle is already in Kumasi (as at 3:20 PM on Thursday!).
This edition would witness the youth engage the District Apostle, some Coding lessons, two nights of music and culture as well as the lighting of the convention flame. Already, the halls of residences have been allocated to the various Apostle Areas as follows:
- SRC Hall – Kumasi Youth
- Republic Hall – Accra & Dunkwa Youth
- Independence Hall – Cape Coast & Wiawso Youth
- Unity Hall – Konongo, Techiman & Sunyani Youth
- Africa Hall – Volta Central & Koforidua Youth
- University Hall – Volta North, Takoradi, Volta South & Bolgatanga Youth
- Queen Elizabeth II Hall – Nkawkaw Youth
Many from the Takoradi and Volta Central have already intimated that: “We are here to learn, be entertained and be a part of this history making event”.