The National Youth Convention (NYC) 2022 began with three welcome-divine-services in English, Twi and Ewe. These services were to serve the larger interests and familiarity of every youth member present. The divine services took place at Queen Elizabeth II Hall, Independence Hall and the Parade grounds.
The text word for all services was taken from the book of Psalms 96:11-13. “Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness; Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the Lord. For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth”.
The key messages at the divine services centred on:
- The mission of Christ on earth
- The Judgment, in that it is not meant to condemn but rather to save
- We, as Youth, should not be afraid of His second coming
- The majesty of God’s creation for man
- Nature was created for the benefit of man
- Our duty is to protect nature to our gain
- Likewise, our duty is to protect the creation of our Holy Sealing and salvation
- We must protect our fellowship as New Apostolic youth
At the end of the service Lead Apostle Samuel Oppong-Brenya shared with the youths the program outline which was followed by choreography and drama performances by the Accra Apostle area youths to entertain the gathering.